Our Family

Our Family
Done by My son quite a few years ago

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Getting ready for Baby and my Stroller Addiction....

Getting ready for baby is always a wonderful task which I love....although I don't know too many people who dread this job. 
I have baby clothes all ready, they just need to be washed and put in the new baby's dresser.  I have a few soft blankets awaiting baby's arrival, washcloths and towels.  I have even planned ahead this time and have been using all the coupons friends have given me for diapers and wipes...I am right up to size 2...I have never been that prepared before. 

I have all the standard baby items, crib, swing, bouncy chair, baby carrier (so I can get some housework done)...even some bottles just in case breast feeding issues arise or so Daddy can feed the baby.

But here is my issue.....I am addicted to strollers.... Its true, I started off getting a travel system...complete with everything, carseat, base and stroller.  Then I was at a Mom2Mom sale and saw a  stroller for a sweet deal and I couldn't pass it up...(Why you ask)...I have had this idea in my head for ages that I would love to have a Pram type stroller....I had images of my sweet baby sleeping in it outside while my other children happily played in our yard, or baby sleeping in it while I enjoyed a lovely fall afternoon walk.    Before I had picked up said stroller I had priced Prams and decided they were too much out of my price range...and in the  future had I seen one I would pick it up...but for now I had the stroller which laid flat so baby could still partake in comfortable sweet sleep while we enjoyed outdoor activities....


AND THEN....I was talking to a good friend of mine on Facebook one night and she had found a convertible stroller which had the bassinet on kijiji.  I was so Excited....however;  I made an offer and the person selling and they wanted more for it than I was willing to pay.  The nice thing about Kijiji is there is always more than one person selling items and I found another convertible stroller with the bassinet...It was much too late to call so I had to wait until the next day and as luck would have it, it was still available and for cheap...  Now my project is ripping it all apart cleaning it and putting it all back together...
So Now I have three strollers downstairs in my playroom...oh and I have yet to mention my jogging stroller which is tucked away in storage...yep that makes four total.
But...it was a good thing I picked that stroller up at that Mom2Mom sale because DH bought a car and the carseat that I had for baby would not fit in the car properly....I picked up an awesome carseat...it was recommended to me by a friend as it will hold baby up to 32lbs which should last us for the first year and fits like a dream in both the stroller and the car....Please note: that I do not recommend just sticking any old carseat in any stroller.   Strollers that are a part of a travel system are made to fit certain types of carseats.  It can be dangerous to your baby's carseat into a stroller if the set are not made to fit each other.

 So I am now in the process of trying to sell my original travel system to free up some toy room space.  In total that will leave me with three strollers.... but all have a purpose.

1 comment:

  1. I currently have 5. I should do away with 2. Lol. Again i agree they all have a purose or features that another dont.

    ReplyDelete