Our Family

Our Family
Done by My son quite a few years ago

Monday, June 20, 2011

Clearing Up Clutter

From where I sit at my desk at this exact moment, I see a transformer, some novels, a game boy holder, paint brushes, electrical tape, construction paper....and the list goes on.  All of these items have been left laying about by my darling children, more specifically the two older ones.  As I was cleaning up the Living room last night after my kiddos had gone to bed I announced to my DH that there has to be a better way to get my kiddos to clean up what they get out instead of this Mommy getting frustrated and annoyed because it seems I spend a lot of extra time picking up things that have migrated to a certain space. 
I have decided that I am going to get a basket and any random thing that I find laying about will go into the basket.  Then at the end of the day before we go into the pool for the last swim of the day all items in the basket must be put away in their respectful spot..the longer it takes to put items away the less time we have for swimming.  If this works out I will get each child his/her own basket and make this a regular part of our evening routine.

What do you do to get your kiddos to clean up after themselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment