Our Family

Our Family
Done by My son quite a few years ago

Friday, July 8, 2011

The Blah's

Audrey Hepburn called them the "Mean Red's" in Breakfast at Tiffany's...I am calling them the BLAH's...Mostly because I am tired, sore, huge and frustrated all at the same time.  The first are obvious...late stage pregnancy and in a few weeks it will be done...Its the frustration I can't seem to curb and unfortunately I set myself up every time.  You see I have a vision of how I want things to be, and I am very quickly running out of steam.  I am having a c-section so I want my house to be spotless before I go in...well have you ever heard that expression "cleaning your house with children is a little like shovelling the sidewalk in a Blizzard" by Phyllis Diller.  That's kind of how I am feeling.  I have toyed with the possibility of just banishing every single toy to the playroom which would not be seen by anyone unless they wanted to play in the playroom...and lets face it my kids hate cleaning up after themselves.  On the other hand I think well this is their house too they should be able to play with a few toys in the living room if they desire...but with the theory that they need to be put away at the end of the day.  At my house at the end of the day everything gets left on the landing to go upstairs or downstairs but never put away.  So my goal for today is to clear off both landings, to banish them of everything including the shelves that I have put there.  I am going to strategically place a basket one for upstairs and one for downstairs.  Before bedtime I will disperse what items go where and have the basket empty to go back to its home the next AM.  As for the toy situation, I think that the playroom and the kiddos bedrooms are where their toys are going to stay however I am not going to demand that if they want to play with something specific in another area of the house that they can't...however the items must be returned to their home...somehow sounds easier said than done.
On the upside I have started to make bows again...I wish I had a better supply of ribbon.  At the moment I am just using what I have laying about, I have the sewing part done so this morning I will assemble it all together, then mount it on a clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment