Our Family

Our Family
Done by My son quite a few years ago

Thursday, July 21, 2011

37 Years Young

Monday was my Birthday and I turned 37 years...Ohhh lucky me, oddly enough I really don't feel much different from my 30th birthday!!!  Isn't there an age old expression you are as old as you feel?  I really feel that my kids keep me young. 
Monday did bring a bit of disappointment I was supposed to have maternity pictures done and the photographer cancelled at the last minute.  They have been rescheduled for the beginning of next week, so keep your fingers crossed that this baby does not appear before the pics are done!
We were blessed with a wonderful weekend away.  We packed up early Saturday morning and headed to Marineland for my DH's work family picnic.  It was a wonderful day, hot sunny and a lot of walking.  We endured getting soaked by two Killer whales, took in the beautiful Beluga's, met up with a few deer and fed some bears amoung other exciting things.  After we had a wonderful BBQ lunch we headed back to Arctic cove and saw more Beluga whales, they actually have an area where you can feed them however the lineup was huge and we decided to go to the underground viewing.  This brings me to the highlight of my day, we walked around the underground viewing and they had Belugas that were pregnant and they were due any day.  I was lucky enough to see a baby move in one of the Momma's tummies...I was moved and got a bit teary eyed.
The line-ups were crazy so the younger kids went on 1 ride and Our older daughter went on 1 ride appropriate to her age. 
At the end of the day we had another awesome treat awaiting us.  My Mom and Dad treated us to a hotel for the night for our Birthday's.  DH and I are exactly a week apart, it was wonderful not having to sit and drive all the way home, we enjoyed dinner then we took the kiddos down to the pool for a night swim.  The water felt amazing, after swimming for at least an hour or more we headed back to our room got dressed and took the kiddos to see the Falls lit-up at night.  We all finally got to bed around 11pm...Sunday morning brought our adventure to a close as we made our way home with a a few stops on the way for shopping etc. 
A special thanks to my Mom and Dad for a nice night away, it was a wonderful treat before the hectic couple of months that we will have before us adjusting to life with a newborn!

No comments:

Post a Comment